Sometimes super simple concepts work the best (and sometimes you need to go over the top and go crazy, obviously).
I had this dress lying around already (Lord knows I’m obsessed with hysterically patterned dresses) and then I came across this beautiful vintage wallpaper in a shop downtown. First thing I thought when I saw it was that I had to combine it with the dress. I wasn’t sure, but I had the feeling the colors would be perfect, and the pattern just similar enough to work.
In the end, I think the fact that the patterns aren’t exactly the same works better than if they had been.
Because of the shades of green/orange/yellowish I felt I needed a redheaded model for this (also, red hair is one of my favourite things in the world). Cue Anna! I’ve shot with her twice before, and she had contacted me a little while before to shoot a necklace she had made. We did a separate shoot with the necklace in the spotlight, en then used it again at the end of this look because why not do the whole two birds with one stone thing.
We tried a few different things, I’d bought some flowers to go with it in white and orange, experimented with the light.. In the end I decided I wanted the light realtively ‘flat’ with little shadow to make the patterns merge the best.
I was a stroke of luck I found this wallpaper, and I couldnt be happier with the result. The only downside is.. Now I have to buy matchin wallpaper for all my dresses.